Waiting Life

Words on a serviceable life from a working man near Washington, D.C.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

You know, I was thinking I was a bit harsh with my last post, since it was only about how to go about paying for a check in a restaurant, so I printed it and showed it to several of my coworkers and managers. They all agreed entirely with what I wrote (although one guy added, "You might wanna clean up the language a little...").

Of course, this lead to a good number of people wanting to know why I was writing such stuff about waiting tables. It certainly can't go into any sort of manual, unless there's a good "How to act in restaurants" manual someone is putting together. I told them I write about waiting tables on my blog, which lead to me having to tell most everyone what a blog was.

Thankfully, I didn't have to explain what what the Internet was, too.

After a very brief explanation (anyone who takes more than three sentences to explain a blog is surely being pedantic), I got many suggestions for other irritations to write about, like people who don't tip well or are rude or stupid or annoying or just plain unsanitary.

And then there were the ideas that I liked, and promptly stole them all, for later use.

But for now, my bed calls me, and so off I go.


1 Comments:

  • At November 29, 2004 at 4:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is satan. I linked your blog even though it sucks.

    http://www.livejournal.com/users/berbelang/

    Anyway Dan, when will you ever tell any of these people the truth?

    Love,
    Tim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home