Waiting Life

Words on a serviceable life from a working man near Washington, D.C.

Thursday, May 06, 2004

The days off seem more draining than the days on. When I'm there, I'm running and always on my feet, but I have an easily definable sense of purpose. On the days off, I have no guidelines on how to go about my day. It's days like this I see video games as a major addiction. I'm glad I don't have any, except that Snood game on my phone. I'm beginning to hate Snood.

The line was "I always wanted to be a dancer, but I could never get the shit off my shoes." Regardless of what you think of the author, it's a good line. That shit keeps piling up. My job to day is not to get rid of it, but put it in order. If it was an easy job, everyone would do it.

Taking orders and getting refills takes so much less effort.

Strangely, I don't feel funny. But this is my first post. I imagine I'll have to warm up to this method of writing. Sometimes, I miss my notebooks. Then I see them piled up in a corner of my closet, and wish I could just throw the damn things away. Here's hoping a website carries much less baggage.

Now I need a refill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home